Monday, 28 January 2013

Simple Chocolate Cake


I had just finished work for the day when my boyfriend came to me, 'Let me take you out for some cake', he said. What a nice idea I thought. But as I pondered this strange suggestion, I began to realise that maybe he was just trying to satisfy a craving for cake. 

'Why don't I just make a cake instead?' was my reply. 

With that chocolate cake was the request and this one is, quite literally, a piece of cake to make. So easy in fact, that it has been named the 'beat like heck' chocolate cake. 

A sinch to make and tastes fantastic...my idea of the perfect chocolate cake.   


INGREDIENTS
125g Butter, softened
3 eggs
1 cup Sugar
1 3/4 cup SR Flour
1/2 cup Cocoa
1/2 tsp Bicarb Soda
3/4 cup Water
Icing
200g Icing Sugar
25g Cocoa
125g Butter
40ml Milk

To make the cake...
Pre heat oven to 170 degrees celsius. 

Place all ingredients into a bowl of an electric mixer and 'beat like heck' (or in normal terms, mix until very well combined). 

Place in a lined baking tin and bake for 40-45minutes, or until the skewer comes out clean. Allow to cool in the tin before turing out onto a wire rack. 


To make the icing...
Just like the cake this icing is so simple to make...

Place all ingredients into a bowl and beat until well combined. Spread over the cooled cake.





No comments:

Post a Comment