Saturday, 3 November 2012

Honeycomb and White Chocolate Muffins


I remember a particular time making these muffins when I was little. I'm not sure exactly what happened but I think my big sister Penny wanted to cut up the honeycomb and refused to give it back until I agreed (I believe she was trying to get a rise out of me). Needless to say it worked and the situation ended with tears and me threatening her with a knife (a little dramatic I know). Now whenever I make these muffins, I have a little giggle as I remember my sister's string pulling abilities. 

I reminisce about this time because, like me, my sister was quite a keen cook. And although she is no longer with us, I'm sure somewhere out there she is baking up a storm. 


INGREDIENTS
2 cups SR Flour
1/4 cup white sugar
100g chocolate covered Honeycomb (like a Crunchie bar)
1 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup Honey
60g Butter
1 egg
1/2 cup Milk
1 tsp vanilla
Raw sugar


To make the muffins...
Preheat the oven to 170 degrees celsius. 

Melt together the honey and the butter and allow to cool slightly. This is to ensure that when you add it to the dry ingredients the chocolate and honeycomb won't melt too much.

In a large bowl, mix together flour, sugar, honeycomb and white chocolate. Make a well in the middle. Add the butter mixture, the egg, vanilla and milk. Stir until just combined. Place into a lined muffin tin. Sprinkle with a little raw sugar for a crunchy top. Bake for 20 minutes, or until they spring bake when you press on the top. Allow to cool and dust with icing sugar. 

No comments:

Post a Comment